By Dr. Christopher Parker and Gary Ho
As we come to the end of another year, we find ourselves reflecting on how the Gout Support Group has grown in 2023.
First and foremost, we want to thank the more than 15,500 members who make up the Gout Support Group of America Facebook group. This welcoming community provides support, advice and friendship to people across the country living with gout or supporting someone with gout. Most importantly, the group serves as a reminder that, if you are living with gout, you are not alone.
Throughout the year, we developed educational materials and programming to serve our members. This year we:
- Released four videos in our educational series
- Published monthly advice blog posts for patients
- Created three one-pagers to help patients navigate their disease
- Hosted Facebook Live programs about clinical trials and gout management
- Spread the word about the Gout Support Group of America at several conferences
The new year is a new opportunity to continue growing our community, empowering patients and learning from our Gout Support Group of America members. We can’t wait to see what 2024 holds.